Saturday 25 October 2014

can you help?

I recently saw a post on Christina's blog where she made an appeal on behalf of Festive Friends  now this charity is very close to my heart as the recipient of the cards are taken by contact the elderly to tea at volunteers houses once a month....my dear old Mum used to go to these tea parties and they were the highlight of her Sundays...she met such lovely kind people and had lots of fun sharing her memories with other elderly folk,many of whom had no relatives or friends left.....heart breaking and heart warming as they all had a lovely day in good company....
This appeal is for hand made christmas cards to send to some of the old people and I have made a selection of cards to send.....If you have a few spare cards you have made could you spare them for the charity...please click on the link and see what they do....




4 comments:

Birgit said...

I have been gone for a few days-this looks so lovely-all of them. i will click on the link now

Birgit said...

Oh-this is such a great idea and so sweet. My heart goes out to the elderly and always has since i was a kid. Now, with my mom in long term care and having dementia, I see so many who don't seem to get any visitors. The elderly should never be forgotten as they have contributed so much. I will do my part:)

dutchess said...

thank you Birgit.....I am just applying to drive for the charity....to take elderly people to a tea party on Sunday's....My dear old Mum loved going to these tea parties to talk to people of her own age and experiences....thank you for any thing you can do.....

Gibmiss said...

Hi margaret
What a fabulous idea... I will sort some cards out... Yours are all stunning
Hugs Sylvie xxx