Friday 31 July 2015

Accordian card

well I bought one of the accordion cards from crafters companion....to try...I bought the small A6 oval and it arrived yesterday so I decided to have a go.....to say I lost the will to craft is an understatement......each die has a base shape ...1 cut, the overlays are in two halves and the die needs cutting ...turning and cutting again as they are so intricate,then embossing....so each half takes 3 passes through the machine and then repeat 3 times for the matching top ....so that's 6 machine passes for each surface times 4.surfaces...that's 24 passes through the machine and that is before you try to adhere the overlays to the base ...nightmare...tried stick and stay....stick it...and gave up and used wet glue....and then embellishments needed to be cut....this card took all day...was it worth it?




and the back


it does what it is supposed to and does fold nicely....
the sentiment die is a Tonic one and the bells are crafter companion...the sentiment on the back is embossed in red embossing powder and is from Hobby art....
maybe a while before I summon up the energy to try another one!

11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Oh dear Margaret, what a shame it took you so long, it is however a beautiful card, so I would say the end justifies the means. very intricate die to be sure. Well done for sticking with it, hugs Kate x

Christine Harrop said...

It is certainly a beautiful finished product Margaret. Thanks for the input because I was looking at these (in a half-hearted way) but this has definitely changed my opinion! You need to send this to somebody who you will know is going to really appreciate it! Hugs Christine x

Sue - said...

It's a beautiful card but if it takes that much effort for one, they are going to have to be for special people. I watched the demo on C & C and wondered why the overlay was in two halves - surely they could have made it in one piece?

Carol said...

The end result is beautiful Margaret but I think I'll resist the temptation to buy. Carol x

MaryH said...

Oh MY YES! In your hands, this is just so stunning! I have that die, and it's not as easy as it looks to use it. My results were not nearly so splendid (nor as intricate) as what you've done here. Love the red & white, and the focal image on the ovals is just beautiful. I'm so glad you didn't give up, as you've created just a spectacular holiday card. Maybe next time, it will be a bit easier? (!) I've only done one myself! Wish I could share our bright sunshine & some heat. Have a great wkend, and your card is really one of the prettiest I've seen you share. And that's saying something to make that statement!!! Hugs

MaryH said...

Oops, my die like this one is by Elizabeth Craft, and don't think it's quite as complex as yours appeared to be.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Looks stunning when finished... To fiddly for me i think...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Birgit said...

Now I could see me curse and want to hurl something but then, after some time has passed(a few days) I might say-"That looks not too bad". I am looking at your card and am saying "Holy Cow-This is breath-taking". I do hope you make more and you might find it will go faster as you get used to it.

scrappymo! said...

I vote yes, it was truly worth it. But then i was not the one cutting and recutting and glueing and re glueing! lol

It is stunning and the red and white colours are so eye-catching.

scrappymo! said...

I vote yes, it was truly worth it. But then i was not the one cutting and recutting and glueing and re glueing! lol

It is stunning and the red and white colours are so eye-catching.

Anonymous said...

Yes! stunning card. I have bought the square accordion set, I hope it will be easier to use as it is a bit bigger. Nearly bought the oval as I like to notes overlay. Keep speaking your mind. Luv Halina 21 x