Sunday 14 January 2018

back in the swing ......

just getting back into the card making mode....and determined to make one christmas card each week....




going for the opulent red and gold card I make for my brother and sister in law to match their christmas decorations....
Sue Wilson Snowflake background die...Sue Wilson classic poinsettia and classic poinsettia open petals dies...Sue wilson  merry and bright...embossalicious snowflake embossing folder from crafters companion...some gilding wax and some gold stamens
Hope you are having a good weekend and havn't got this nasty flu...we have both got colds but at least that's not too bad...
thanks for popping by my blog today.

9 comments:

englishquilter said...

Exquisite!

Michelle said...

Oh Margaret, this is truly beautiful. I hope you are feeling better soon. The flu is rampant around here and just trying to stay away from crowded places. Thank you for sharing. Hugs

Birgit said...

This is so beautiful and you could make this in many colours. I love the whole set up of the card and the gilded wax is great which I have never used. I should look into it

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous, beautiful die cut details and lovely rich colours - a stunning card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card Margaret... love those Poinsettias...
hugs Sylvie xx
We are decorating at the moment... so can't get to my Stash... and away on Friday to Sunday ... to stay with friends in Malaga ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

MaryH said...

Oh my goodness! Such elegance and richness. The stunning gold really amps up the red too. The gold poinsettias are just gorgeous, and I love the way you've layered the fab SW dies to create this beauty. Good for you at making one Christmas card per week. (Remember we have CCC and Rudy Day to inspire you as well LOL). I always say this, but this has to be the most stunning card you've shared to date! TFS & Hugs

Craftychris said...

I love the red and gold - Absolutely lush! Gorgeous card. I hope you both get over your colds quickly! Take care! xxxxx

Jules said...

A really beautiful card .. .. it looks very luxurious!

I am "trying" to make more Christmas cards through the year too .. .. it certainly helps come the end of the year doesn't it.

Hope all is well with you and all the best for 2018!

Love Jules xx

rachel said...

Really beautiful card Margaret. I love the red and gold. Big hugs rachel x