Monday 4 June 2012

Lorraine's challenge...feature a sentiment

oh this really has had me thinking and looking at all my stamps...not an idea in my head till I watched Barbara Grey on C&C doing a bit of gilding flakes and I thought well you have them and never used them so I was brave and gave it a go!
I struggled a bit with the stamping...I used stazon but it didn't seem very dark any tips ladies? I cut out the centre and rubbed on gold flakes and then cut out the outer boarder and did green flakes....then a few dew drops for the berries....
Hope you are all making the most of the long weekend we are just back from a steam rally, very muddy but great fun!

6 comments:

Carol said...

This looks fabulous Margaret, well done with the guilding. Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Margaret, wow what a gorgeous Christmas card I love the deep, rich colours which remind me of Mulberry Wine, the sentiment is just perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Zoe Tant said...

Margaret you'd never know it was your first attempt with a new product it gorgeous. I really like the red berries too. Well done you. Zx

DebiJ said...

I love your card Margaret! It is really quite classic!

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous hun - love the rich colours. Hugs, Claire x

Clare said...

Wow Margaret your card is stunning hun. The gilding is amazing. You make it look easy!!!. I love the dew drops too you have used for the holly berries. If the Stazon is black Margaret the only thing I can suggest to make it darker is to go over it with a permanent black pen (like a Millenium or Letraset pen). I know it's a hassle but these pens are really fine and great for going over those lines that do not come out or not very dark. I personally think it looks great though. Big hugs to you and hope Mum is doing good. Big hugs Clare xxx