Sunday 7 October 2012

SYLVIE'S RED AND WHITE CHALLENGE

what a lovely challenge to help me back.......


thank you all for your kind e mails and comments you have all helped me through for the last month bless you all
This was a lovely challenge thank you Sylvie and I do hope you are feeling better along with Clare....
My card is inspired by Sue Wilson......background embossed with tied together embossing folder....got the extending right this time! and pearls in crossovers,I stamped the  silhouette stamp in wow glitter embossing powder and found heating from the back was definatly the way to go it acually sparkles all my other attemps have gone dull.......the poinsetta are spellbinder dies.
Hope you are all enjoying this glorious weather.....anyone going to Kettering?

6 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hello Msrgaret
Gorgeous cards... You do make some fabulous cards.... I miss my mum sooo much and it is nearly 10 years.... Love that picture on your blog of your gorgeous Mum
Hugs Sylvie xxxx

Liz said...

Love the sentiment !! Great card.
Kettering ............. well LMAO I'm going !! But then I'm going with you !!! lol !!!!! Cant wait !!! Anyone going fancy meeting for coffee ??????????

Clare said...

Wow what a gorgeous card Margaret. Such a beautiful poinsettia and love that embossing folder. Love the way you have used those pearls. The silhouette stamp is so pretty too. I smile whenever I see that beautiful picture of your Mum Margaret. What a kind and courageous lady she looks. I dedicated my blog to my Mum as she was the one who got my Sister to help me get into crafting. Without Mum I would not have gone down that road. She encouraged me so much and although after losing her I did not feel like doing too much I knew it would have broken Mum's heart had I given up on it. Not only that she would have kicked my backside from heaven!!!!. I am so glad that you have found your card making spirit hun and i'm sure that it will get you through those days where you feel that you are not coping so well. That's what all of your crafty friends are for too, so you let us know if you need us. Big hugs Clare xxx

Carol said...

What a gorgeous card Margaret, love the embossing and the flower.
I hope you are finding each day a little easier, time will heal the pain but you'll never stop missing your Mum. Carol x

pinky said...

Your card is just gorgeous Margaret. I love red and white, perfect challenge from Sylvie. I love the photo of your Mum, she looks so cheerful enjoying her ice cream. I have been thinking about both you and Lizzie. Sending extra big hugs.
Pinky

sue w. said...

Hi Margaret, this is fabulous, I love it. The embossed background is gorgeous and the flowers and sentiment are wonderful.
I'm late as usual but it is made and will be on today.
I rather spent up at Harrogate. I bought quite a few dies, one or two stamps and lots of bling.
Hugs Sue W.