Sunday 21 April 2013

Christmas card club challenge Lizzie's choice....Vintage

what do I think of when I think vintage....when I was a child the christmas cards always had lots of glitter on them...so here is my interpretation of vintage...


the stamp is" snowy postcard " from stampendous...inked with walnut stain distress ink and glittered with Stampendous treasures glitter...multi crystal mix..the photo doesn't do it justice it is soooo sparklee....matting onto milk card cut out with 5x7 elegant labels 4...distressed with antique linen ...matted onto soft gold and chocolate brown card...embossed milk card using m bossibilities dots..., gold and brown matts on a white base card.Poinsettia's  cut out of milk pearlised card and distressed and glittered, and the holly swirls are marianne design....
Hope you are all having a good weekend and I will be popping by everyones blogs later this evening to see your lovely vintage creations.....

13 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
This is gorgeous... I saw this stamp a lot last Christmas and wanted it....you have made a stunning card....
Hugs Sylvie
From very sunny and hot Gibraltar..xxx

Liz said...

Beautiful. Yeah stamp was on my want list too! Just don't have the money for all my wants!!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous :) love that stamp huggles hun Sue xx

Unknown said...

Oh Margaret this is adorable. Love the image and your layout is just perfect for it.
xxx

Claire said...

This is a delightful vintage card - love the ccolour. Hugs, Claire x

Carol said...

This is stunning Margaret, love the colour and all your beautiful layers. Carol x

Christine Harrop said...

Fabulous image and you have really done it justice. Totally gorgeous card. Christine x

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous!!! I love that beautiful image...I am kicking myself for not buying when I saw it at the shops. It has a gorgeous look to it!

Hazel said...

Totally stunning, Margaret - such a wonderful response to Lizzie's challenge for CCC. I love the way you've used that stamp (I have that too and find it so useful) x

Karen Petitt said...

Margaret that is quite simply fabulous! I've seen other cards made with the same stamp and this is my favourite - love the colour and sparkle Karen x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is both beautiful and very vintage, it looks totally ACE, classy and elegant, superb card.
hugs
lorraine x

Peanut said...

Oh My!!! This is soooo stunning, Margaret. Love the snowy scene.
xxx Asha

Zoe Tant said...

THis is gorgeous Margaret. i love the postcard and all your pretty decoration on it. Will you be at Sincerely Yours Lincoln? Do come say hi if you are. Zx