Sunday 20 July 2014

Vintage christmas

my lovely neice ...so kind..... has lent me her embossing folders...and this is what I have been playing at!


the father christmas is one from the crafters companion vintage christmas CD...cut out with my scan and cut and shadowed onto kraft card,..   glossy accents and some red rhinestones for the holly berries...ok I'm pleased with that....now what do I mount it onto...a bauble! Spellbinders  2013 heirloom ornament..matted and layered onto red, then and cream card which has been embossed with the embossalicious christmas merriment folder...distressed with walnut stain and cranberry Adirondack ink.... a big red bow and poinsettia and holly leaves cut from kraft card and distressed again....
A real vintage looking card I think.....
entered into crafty hazelnuts challenge

4 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow you have made a beautiful vintage card here Margaret. The image is so very typical of what I imagine old Santa to look like and that embossing folder looks gorgeous.
Lorraine

Birgit said...

How beautiful! I love the vintage Victorian/European Weinnachts Mann:) I threw a little German in here-Great card

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely creation for CHNC challenge 186 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

scrappymo! said...

This is a gorgeous card with a lovely vintage feel! What a nice neice and how lovely to have someone on the family who makes cards too. Perhaps you inspired her?