Sunday 12 April 2015

Christmas club challenge #8 Rachel's choice ....Vintage

Lizzie let me loose with her heartfelt Christmas card paper collection and I found this image and sentiment that seemed to fit the vintage theme......





I cut the centre out from the image and raised the surround to make a frame....cosmic shimmer sparkles for the baubles on the trees and diamond sprinkles for the snow....holly berry stamp set with the matching die....coloured with distress inks and a touch of glossy accents on the berries....and of course my favourite die set the spellbinders poinsettia...I embossed them first with gold embossing powder using the matching heartfelt stamp set....the sentiment is also from the paper ser and I just grunged it up a bit with distress ink and gave it a curl....
I really enjoyed playing....and I will be popping round all the girls in the club later this evening....to see their lovely creations, their names are are on my side bar....have a look they do some stunning cards and we are all ready for christmas by December.....


14 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

An absolutely adorable vintage card Margaret. I love that poinsettia too and yours always turn out beautifully.
Lorraine

rachel said...

this is stunning |Margaret - love it to bits - thanks so much for joining in with my vintage theme - hugs rachel x

Rita said...

What a fabulous vintage card Margaret. I love it. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Carol said...

A gorgeous vintage card Margaret, love it. Carol x

Christine Harrop said...

Gorgeous card Margaret. Love the muted colours and then that pop of red. Hugs Christine xx

scrappymo! said...

This is such a gorgeous vintage card! That is a wonderful image and the red baubles on the one tree look fab.
Off to have a wee catch up on your blog...

scrappymo! said...

This is such a gorgeous vintage card! That is a wonderful image and the red baubles on the one tree look fab.
Off to have a wee catch up on your blog...

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Fabulous card... Love those Trees fabulous as always... Thanks for linking me... Just got back Allo Allo hilarious ....
Hugs Sylvie cx

Birgit said...

Stunning as usual and love that poinsettia

Mrs A. said...

You really are the Queen of poinsettias. This card is lovely and has such a vintage look . Hugs Mrs A.

Unknown said...

Fabulous vintage card Margaret - those poinsettias are stunning. Love it!

Hugs.

Karen xxx

MaryH said...

This is superlative, and love the decorative tree in that icy snow. Your wonderfully embellished poinsettia (and S/B has one of the best of these dies I think)...really made this pretty image even more outstanding. Love the flourish with the flower and really a nice touch to curl the edge of that distressed sentiment. Must remember this. TFS & Hugs.

Diane said...

What a fabulous vintage design and framing Margaret.

Hugs diane

Zoe Tant said...

Wow Margaret I love it! stunning vintage card and what a lovely image. Zx