Sunday 7 April 2019

a fun christmas card...

although I have to say that buying these dies was a nightmare...I bought them from e bay thinking they were from a firm based in the uk..which was their claim.....no .....when the paypal receipt went through it was to China...the first lot of dies they sent me was an alphabet set not the dies I had order...then followed a long and protracted e mail exchange trying to get the correct dies...which arrived 10 days later and turned out to be cheap knock offs...a lesson to me ...only buy from the firms I know and not from e bay.....the cheek of it was they were using the original packaging in their advertising....rant over....



well at least I made a card from them and got a free set of alphabet dies but I really will be more careful...they weren't even cheaper than the originals which had to come from Holland...lesson learnt
thanks for popping by my blog today and I hope you are enjoying your weekend

8 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

A very cute card Margaret. Glad you got things sorted eventually. Ebay can be a minefield - I bought something for John a couple of months ago. Like you it purported to be a UK company with a UK address, and also a wee bit more expensive than similar items. However the Paypal receipt was China too. Luckily I had no problems and it came pretty quickly. The thing is how are you to know if it all seems to be looking to be British? Rant over. Hugs Christine x

Rita said...

Morning Margaret. Well after all the hassle you had I bet you're glad now that you see your finished card. I love it and it looks so professionally done too. Fabulous card. Hugs Rita xx

cotnob said...

A super card Margaret, fun little characters.
It is so disappointing when things like that happen, I don't buy from eBay but my husband does quite a lot and he has been let down in the past as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Michelle said...

Margaret, the card is so darn cute and love those elves. Yes Ebay can be problematic at times and you do have to be careful when ordering. Lesson learned here also. Have a great day and thanks for sharing.

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas card and love the cute dies you were at least able to use-I won't buy from ebay or Amazon but my daughter does all the time
Carol x

Sandy said...

I love the traditional red and green colors at Christmas!
Sandy xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Margaret, you got there in the end and what a wonderful card. Love the elves and the colours so festive.
What a pain for you, bought the odd thing from eBay but never crafty things,pleased you got it sorted, Kate x x

Birgit said...

This is cute and love the layered effect from the background to the elves. Sorry to hear about all the problems you had.