Tuesday 9 April 2019

playing with inks...

I had bought a whole load of alcohol inks a couple of years ago ...I really thought they would have dries up...(as had all my crafters companion spectrum noir refills)...but no they were fine and after watching a couple of youtube demos I decided to have a go at a messy background....I used a sheet of  Yupo...goodness knows when I bought that....



doing the background was fun but stamping on top was a nightmare...I used versafine...which didn't dry...so I put clear embossing powder on top and then discovered that yupo doesnt take well to heat...it being plastic.....my what a learning curve this has been...at least these unused stamps from Indigo blu finally after about 5 years in a draw got inked up....will I be doing it again well yes as I really like the background effects.....
I do hope you are having a lovely day whatever you are doing...and thanks for popping by today.

5 comments:

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Margaret, a beautiful background and lovely flowers - I love the rich colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Michelle said...

Great card Margaret. I have not tried the inking yet and still reluctant to try. I am such a baby when it comes to inking. Thank you for sharing and you have a good day, we are going fishing.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It turned out gorgeously despite your trials and tribulations Margaret. I love the warm, rich colours in your background and the beautiful sentiment too. I look forward to seeing your next creations using your inks and hope the process is a little smoother for you :)
Lorraine

Birgit said...

I love, love, love this card with the great passion colours. I don’t have typo paper but I have glossy cardstock and it seems to work well. I love that you could colour the flowers I. Similar colours

crafty-stamper said...

Well worth the perseverance-fabulous background and beautiful stamp
Carol x