Sunday 19 January 2020

christmas card club challenge 2....Holly and or Ivy

I am doing a bit of recycling for this weeks challenge....a lovely christmas card image I just could not throw away.....so with some die cut additions it is repurposed......


lots of my friends know that I have 3 hedgehogs that I feed all through the season and although they are hibernating at this time of the year they seem to have featured on a lot of my christmas and birthday cards this year....
I have just done some matting a layering...added a tattered lace holly frame....and a tattered lace poinsettia and holly corner.....and the sentiment is a very old marianne designs die....and a few Nuvo drops....
Do pop round the other girls blogs and see their wonderful creations,the links to their blog can be found on my side bar....
Thanks for popping by today and I hope you are enjoying some crafting today.





14 comments:

Rita said...


What a Beautiful card Margaret. Love that cute little hedgehog. The Holly borders are outstanding too and bring your card to life. Hugs Rita xxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Margaret, I do love the holly frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Margaret, this is beautiful! The hedgehog is such a sweet image, and the die cuts are fabulous. Love how you've put it together. Hugs, Shaz X

gwen70 said...

Love this card Margaret, gorgeous image surrounded by a beautiful frame xx

Mrs A. said...

I wouldn’t have chucked that card out either. Love the ivy framework that you have added round the edges which has totally revamped the card. Hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Margaret, I can see why you had to repurpose that adorable image and your holly frame is beautiful.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Margaret, this is so beautiful. I love the hedgi and the beautiful holly frame is just perfect. Great piece of recycling, Kate x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Kraft and white always gives such a striking effect and this card is gorgeous. Great use of this lovely image too, always love a bit of recycling.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

Great piece of recycling Margaret. You have made a great card. Christine xx

Michelle said...

What an adorable card Margaret. I just love the layout. My granddaughter has a hedgehog and this would be so cute for her. May I ask what background you used for the hedgehog? Thank you for sharing.

rachel said...

Great recycling! I love the kraft card and white - it looks beautiful xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Fabulous card... love the hedgehog... so cute....
Hope you are feeling better
Hugs Sylvie x

Birgit said...

This card is so sweet and love the white framing...so delicate. I love the pearl drops and that cute hedgehog. Have you named the 2 hedgehogs? I always loved them and knew Germany and Austria have a huge heart for them. I got postcards from my Oma and Opa and, back in 1972, I picked up 2 little hedgehogs, one for me and one for my friend. I kept the girl because, the Germans love making the hedgehogs look like dolls and are dressed up in typical Alpine style. Mine has a cute little dyrndl on with a rucksack and a hat that she carries in her paw.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful dies that turn your card into a Christmas card love the hedgehog image-we had one visiting the garden for a few nights used to drive the dogs beserk lol
Carol x