Sunday 4 January 2015

2015 christmas card club challenge #1 Carol's choice clean and simple in red,green and white

the first challenge of the new year.......and for me a real challenge as I really find it difficult to step back from the card....I am a bit of an over decorator....I admit it!



I have no idea what this technique is called but I cut the cheerylyndesigns mega holly out of white card and green card and inserted the green into the hole in the white so it's flush and flat....matted it onto red card and onto a white card base......a ribbon and a few holly berries...I just cant help myself can I......and an embossed greeting using a Hobby Art stamp......so I hope this will be okay for the challenge...it was fun trying something new!
and this is the one I made from the waste.....


Looking forward to seeing what everyone else creates.....will be popping round all your blogs later...have a fun Sunday

12 comments:

Rita said...

Absolutely Beautiful Margaret. I love holly ,and your card just does it for me. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Fabulous cards... Not tried this technique ... But seen it lots of times....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi, both cards look fabulous and CAS. This is a great technique - think I will give it a go too.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Wow! How stunning. Such visual impact. Hugs Mrs A. (ValeryAnne).

MaryH said...

Margaret, I LOVE this look. I'm not sure what it's called either (I've seen inlay & embedding as terms used). It surely turned out gorgeous and you did a super job with the tricky bits, which can sometimes be a bit of a pain trying to insert well. I had a change of plan on my intended card, as once I had it ready to assemble, I was afraid it might not fit the CAS bill of fare. At 2:30 am, I was hunting through dies and came up with one, and revamped! I think a lot of us in CCC had holly on the brain, yes??? But I love holly so no problems with that! This is one gorgeous card. Hope your New Year was wonderful, and looking forward to a great CCC year. TFS & Hugs

Carol said...

Two fabulous CAS cards Margaret, love the technique too. So glad you joined me in this first challenge of 2015. Carol x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards. I finally managed to put the names of the Christmas card club down my left side bar. Copied the names off today's post. Please let me know if I have made any mistakes.

scrappymo! said...

They look wonderful! I think you captured the essence of clean and simple so well!

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful, so beautiful! Love them both Margaret and they are perfectly CAS too. You always knock me socks off with how elegant your creations are xx

Birgit said...

Ok both cards are just great and I don't think it is over-decorated. Love that you used the green part that was cut out for the 2nd card-just stunning

Kath said...

Fabulous cards - they're both lovely, but the green one made from the waste is my favourite!
Kath x

Christine Harrop said...

What a super idea Margaret. Two cards for the price of one - almost!! I really must have a go because it looks great! Hugs Christine xx