Sunday 18 January 2015

2015 Christmas card club challenge #2 Christines's choice The Reason for the Season

Getting my inspirations back at last and I really enjoyed playing and making this card.....



I made a stepper card out of Kraft card and cut the crafters companion create a card die out of the front.....backed it with black card embossed with crafters companion star of wonder embossing folder with a bit of gold gilding wax rubbed over the stars........the three wise men dies are also crafters companion dies sadly no longer available but I picked them up cheap on e bay....the sentiment is a tonic die....
hope you are having a good weekend.....
Looking forward to going round all your blogs and seeing your lovely creations ladies.....

11 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

This is really gorgeous Margaret! I love stepper cards. Absolutely perfect for the challenge. I have a couple of create-a-card dies but not this one. Maybe I will be investing soon... lol! Hugs Christine xx

Carol said...

Great minds Margaret!! Love how you've used the die, your stepper card looks fabulous. Carol x

Mrs A. said...

What a stunning Stepper card. you have created a masterpiece. hugs Mrs A. (ValeryAnne).

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Firstly I love the Kraft and black together it works really nicely and secondly what a great idea to make a stepper card using it. In my head this die could only make a square card. A great design, I love it. Hope your heating gets sorted soon, not a good time of year for it to play up. Sending warm hugs.
Lorraine

Rita said...

Beautiful card Margaret and fits the theme perfectly. Hugs Rita xxx

MaryH said...

My gracious, this is beyond beautiful. Love each of these dies, and the way you have combined to create this step card is wonderful. I really liked your choice of colors to highlight all the dimension with the dies as well. It's just so gorgeous..and really expresses the theme perfectly. TFS & Hugs

rachel said...

this is just beautiful - I love the way you have combined the dies - fabulous! Big hugs to you! Rachel x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Fabulous card.... Love ....stunning....
Hugs Sylvie xx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Margaret the colours and the nativity images are stupendous, the stepper card fold really makes the images stand proud. Margaret I also wanted to thank you for leaving me such a lovely comment on my blog
hugs
lorraine x

scrappymo! said...

This is such a stunning card, Margaret! The dies, the kraft and black combo and your design are all fabulous!

Hope to see you at my new challenge Rudolph Days (Jan 25th till Jan 31st) Memory Box die for the prize this month. I will have several MB dies as prizes this year!.

Birgit said...

This is stunning. I love the style of the card-it looks really difficult to do and you created something beautiful