Sunday 25 January 2015

A couple of christmas cards

I have decided that through out the year I am going to TRY to post Christmas cards each Sunday....and another card each Wednesday...well that's the aim lets see how I do!




well I wasnt too pleased with this one as the embossing was a bit fuzzy.....so I tried one in white and blue to see if it looked better,and yes I prefer the the second style........................................................





The image is Shenna Douglas a little bit festive....Seasons Greetings....the gold poinsettias are Sue Wilson dies and the white poinsettias are Tattered lace dies....
Hope you are enjoying your weekend.....

I am entering these cards into Scrappymo's Rudolph days challenge......................................................

12 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Both gorgeous, but I know what you mean about the gold embossing though. It's a shame when that happens (maybe you could re-stamp it on another panel and stick it over the top within the frame?) but they have some beautiful flower details on them.
Lorraine

Carol said...

Two gorgeous cards Margaret...it is annoying when the embossing goes fuzzy...the floral displays are beautiful on both though. Carol x

LesleyG said...

gold's a bit fuzzy, but both beautiful cards nonetheless xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Beautifully designed cards Margaret the gold does look a bit misty but the second one is perfect.
hugs
lorraine x

MaryH said...

Oh Margaret, these are both just brilliantly done, with the lovely gleam of the metallics. While I love that rich gold, I think you are right that the silver letters were crisper. Could be the difference in products, as I have some that don't emboss as crisply. But you did a spectacular effort on each gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with Rudy Day #1 for 2015. Hugs.

Sarn said...

WOW - two beautiful cards here. LOVING those white poinsettias so artistically arranged at the bottom corner. xxx

Peanut said...

WOW! These are absolute stunners, Margaret. And they work both ways - in gold and white. Hard to choose a favourite. Hope you are well.
hugs, Asha

Planetsusie said...

I think these are both superb Margaret and couldn't choose a favourite (like Asha). I would definitely have to have it on my wall of cards all year round.

Take care

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Birgit said...

These are so beautiful. I love both of them. The first is so regal with the gold and the 2nd so crisp. Just striking

rachel said...

these are both beautiful Margaret - I do prefer the second because of the contrast - but both are gorgeous. Big hugs rachel xx

Elizabeth said...

Two very beautiful cards, Margaret. The stamp you've used is lovely and I particularly like the blue and gold colour combination. Elizabeth xx

jimlynn said...

Both are stunning!!! I love all the gold but the white just reminds me of a winter wonderland! A gorgeous card.
Lynn