Wednesday 26 February 2014

Getting inky day 1

this is something I just havnt tackled before....I have watched demo's on create and craft the lovely Sheena Douglas finally has persuaded me to have a go...so day 1...gently does it....


I embossed Sheena's 5x7 flower embossing folder and then randomly inked with broken china,pickled raspberry and mustard seed distress inks........outlined some of the flowers with a white paint marker.....matted and layered on to matt black card....
Stamped Sheena's...greeting from the" only words-from the heart" stamp set...distressed with pickled raspberry...matted and layered onto black card.....
Still getting the ink of my fingers....but I did enjoy doing it...so tomorrow !!!!

3 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well this is a beautiful, cheerful, bright card Margaret, a little bit of spring is just what we all need. It's good to try something new isn't it? and this turned out splendidly.
Lorraine

scrappymo! said...

This is so gorgeous! I love this look and have wanted to try it for quite a while. Yesterday my LSS had Tim Holtz stains on for half off. I bought several to give this inking loveliness a try too!

Your colours are blended so nicely and the white pen was a wonderful touch. I will have to check out her shop as I really like that sentiment stamp!

Unknown said...

looks really good. I would never guess it was a first try.
Janice W