Wednesday 6 May 2015

stamping with Sheena Douglas.....

I just fell in love with this stamp ...



its from the Sheena Douglas perfect partners Little Acorn rubber stamp set.....coloured with distress inks
I hand cut the squirrel but the leaves and acorns I cut out with my scan and cut ....that saved time!....I used a very old stamps away mask for the background which I letter pressed with walnut stain distress ink and then painted the leaves and acorns with more distress inks,
 and the sentiment is a Clarity stamp....
I made the mistake of using glossy accents on the squirrel and leaves which makes it horrible to photograph but certainly intensified the colours in real life I am very pleased with the effect....
I hope you are having a happy crafty day....its raining here today so guess where I will be.....

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is gorgeous Margaret, a great matching embossing folder and stamp set. Love the distress ink colouring too.
Lorraine

Birgit said...

Oh this is just stunning. I love the squirrel-reminds me of my hubby as the squirrel is on top of his coat of arms-hahahaaaaa! I say he is squirrely:) I love this stamp image and the colouring which feels aged. This is perfect for a man or woman. Today is sunny and cloudy, in other words, Canada. I hope you have a great crafting day and week!

Peanut said...

I can see why you fell n love with it! Absolutely gorgeous, Margaret.
hugs, Asha

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love everything about it, hugs Kate x

rachel said...

absolutely beautiful margaret - brilliant make with this set which is sadly sitting waiting to be used in a pile somewhere in my craft room!!! I am so bad! Big hugs Rachel x