Wednesday 22 July 2015

something a bit different

I decided that whilst I sat watching the tennis at Wimbledon I would have a go at doing some knitting again....I cant do a lot these days as my arthritis plays me up so I thought something small....



so using a free pattern from off the internet and some crochet cotton that I have had for ages....off I go my first one was much too loose so I had to go down a needle size....

very pleased with myself ...no stuffing...off to the shops....then I decided to make a box...with an acetate lid...no none big enough ...off to the shops,onto the internet....


now how do I secure those sides without anything showing


a nice big bow!.....
Hope you are enjoying your crafting ....bless me how the time flies when you are having fun......

6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow Margaret these are so lovely, how sweet they look in their fabulous packaging too. And there was I thinking you were wasting all that time in front of the telly :) Well done, these are fabulous.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

Great project Margaret. The acetate box makes it even more special. Christine xx

Birgit said...

Now those are lovely balls! Sorry I couldn't help myself but I really do mean these are lovely...ornaments! I could never knit and I love the black and white with the holly and berries on top. If I saw these at a craft show I would buy them in an instant! My pain has been intense all weekend and this week. I couldn't go to work on Monday but I believe it is easing up slowly. Hopefully I can make a few cards soon

Househund said...

What a clever lady you are,, A fantastic Christmas gift that anyone would love to receive... would you like my address.
I wish I could make something like this.
xxLove themxx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous Margaret... They look stunning... Good enough to eat... Love that bow... Did you do that with the bow maker...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Gibmiss said...

Sorry Margaret thought they were Cupcakes... Must get my eyes Tested... Lol....
Sylvie x