Tuesday 16 August 2016

a Sunday workshop with Sheena Douglas

a real treat...my niece Elizabeth,great niece Caitlyn and I treated ourselves to a day out at crafter's companion at Newton Aycliffe to take a Sheena Douglas workshop...we had a wonderful time getting inky and playing with aqua tints...glad I took my pinny.....





it was a great day and Sheena kept us laughing all day....
but the day ended on a sad note as when we returned home it was to a phone call at 7pm to say that my sister in law had died...she slipped into a coma on saturday after days of refusing to eat or drink...and decided to leave us after her friend for the past 60 years left her side after visiting time, she had lost the will to live and just wanted to go.laughter and sadness its what life is...

5 comments:

Birgit said...

Your cards are cool. I love the peeping person and the circles on the card and the second one is so well coloured...really cool. The last one is downright cool! I'm glad you had a good time that day and I believe your sister in law would have wanted you to have this great day. I hope you don't feel bad for having such a nice day. It often works this way and it is for a reason. My dad stopped drinking and eating also and 5 days later he passed. The night before I had a great night at a party and it was needed for the next days following. I send you my prayers to you and your brother and the family.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super selection of cards from your workshop Margaret, looks like you had a fabulous time there. I'm so sorry you had to come home to this sad news though, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Margaret, sorry to hear your sad news, holding you in my thoughts.
Fabulous cards and looks as if you had a brilliant time.
Sheena is a hoot and so creative, Kate x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margarey very sad news for you... Your cards are amazing... Love Sheena
Hugs Sylvie x

englishquilter said...

Sorry to hear your sad news Margaret. xx