Thursday 11 August 2016

this weeks card for Aunty and a challenge #86 at As You Like it..Favorite flower and why

I dont normally enter challenges as I never seem to be making cards that fit the challenge but as I have been making weekly cards for my Aunt and sister in law I have made cards that seem to fit the bill.....


My favorite flowers are both on this Jane Shasky image. from her cd From the heart of the Garden.........Violets,...my mothers name and her favorite flower... .and Lily of the Valley...the perfume she always wore,and I used to pinch off her as a child....
I have a pot of Violets in my garden brought from hers.....memories wonderful memories
so I am entering this card.into

challenge #86 at As you like it

and tomorrow it will go into the post to my dear old Aunty in Scotland along with my weekly news update

7 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card Margaret... Love the floral images...
Hugs Sylvie x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautiful image and stunning card design Margaret. Thanks for joining in the fun at AYLI this week, your card is perfect for the challenge.
Lorraine DT

englishquilter said...

How lovely and it makes you think of your Mumxx

cuilliesocks said...

just beautiful Margaret, lovely traditional floral image and wonderful colours, Kate x

Birgit said...

This is beautiful and love the bold purple with the yellows...great card

Brenda said...

I my goodness! This is gorgeous! The image paired with the pair is so perfect and that beautiful bow is just the "cherry on top". Love it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at As You Like It Challenge!

Mojca said...

Waw I love it, looks so gorgeous! thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca