Sunday 30 August 2015

using my new Phil Martin paper pads......

my friend Kerry too me over to a new craft shop   the Stables  card emporium in Habrough Lincs and they had been doing some workshops using the new Phil Martin christmas paper pads....they are so pretty I just had to buy them!......




I used 2 different patterned sheets..a strip of white card embossed with Sue Wilson's  swirling holly folder and a bit of iced spruce distress ink to bring out the emboss...all the edges are dipped in cosmic shimmer diamond sprinkles....I used Sue Wilson's Portuguese collection-background to cut the central panel and the backing is the reverse side of one of the papers with double sided adhesive and diamond sprinkles....my first attempt which I did with micro beads ended up in the bin as I used collall all purpose glue to stick it down and it showed through as great wet marks....how does that happen, I left it over night to see if it dried but no it was worse it went brown....so a bit of deconstruction and start again....lesson to self.....
the poinsettia's are heartfelt creations sparkling poinsettia stamps done with white embossing powder on vellum....I used Sue Wilson's star spray and embellished them with Nuvo drops for the berry's...Neptune it matched so well.....and lastly the sentiment is a tonic one....
hope you are having a fun day whatever you are doing......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

An absolutely beautiful card Margaret. Love those gorgeous muted papers from Phil Martin and all the Sue Wilson dies you've used. What a shame about the Collall glue - very weird!

Hugs.

Karen xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Margaret, absolutely stunning, love the papers and the gorgeous colours, the dies are so beautiful, hugs Kate x

Beverly Fuchs said...

Hello Margaret,

What a fabulous card today. So very soothing and delicate. I love the poinsettia that you have done from the vellum. I do look forward to seeing your site each day as you have some very clever and creative ideas.

Beverly

Birgit said...

This is so pretty. I love the paper background and I love those flowers! The sentiment looks great with that die cut also. Wonderful!!

Carol said...

Another beautiful card Margaret, fabulous design. Carol x