Sunday 22 October 2017

falling snow....men

I really needed to cheer myself up this week after more sad news,our dear friend of 54 years was diagnosed with cancer two weeks ago, two days before his 40th wedding anniversary....the prognosis was very poor and on Tuesday this week he sadly but mercifully passed away ...so I took myself off to my craft room and made this card....its bound to make you smile......




I finally took the cellophane off the oxides and made one of those messy backgrounds.....sprinkled it with stampendous chunky embossing powder ...heated from behind and was quite pleased with the result...the stamps are snowman trio from stampendous ...colored with sparkle pens..I thought they were great fun when I saw them and despite my pledge not to buy anything in october gave in to these little beauties....
Its a really horrible wet and windy day here in Yorkshire and the heating is on and I am going to craft!
I hope you are all well out there and not affected too much by storm Brian....thanks for popping by today I really appreciate it ....

11 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful Happy Snowmen. Fantastic card Margaret. So sorry to hear of the sad passing of your friend. Hugs Rita xxx

Michelle said...

Margaret, my deepest sympathy for you and your friends family. Prayers are in my heart. The snowmen are adorable. I have the same set and may go and do some today too. Cool and rainy here also.

cotnob said...

A super card Margaret, such jolly snowmen and fabulous background.
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Birgit said...

I am so sorry to hear about yet another loss you have had to endure. It is always sad when someone we care for, passes away. At least he did not suffer a long time like other people who develop cancer although that doesn’t make one feel any better. I am glad you were able to forget a bit by making such a great card! I love the background and you did. Great job with the new stuff you bought. And I love the snowmen. A pretty card

cuilliesocks said...

Oh sad news indeed Margaret, no time at all to come to terms with it, thoughts are with you and your friends family.
A fabulous jolly card, love those snowmen and your background is brilliant, hugs Kate x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Sorry to hear your sad news... life is so unfair...
your card certainly made me smile.. love the Snow made with the embossing powder .. fabulous as always...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Craftychris said...

So very sorry to hear about your friend, so sad. A very happy card though, gorgeous background for the fun snowmen! xxx

Lori said...

Adorable snowmen card and a beautiful background. It makes me smile! So sorry about your friend. That is so very hard.

MaryH said...

I'm so sorry about your loss of a good friend. I'll say it was blessed that it was fast for him, and I pray - not awfully painful. It hurts and will for a time. You did a great job with the DOX and the darling snowmen were just perfect as you've used them on this delightful card. I'm glad it cheered you up just now. Big hugs & TFS

R's Rue said...

Love.

Karen Dunbrook said...

pure joy...wonderful card but so sorry for your sad news.
xx Karen