Thursday 23 August 2018

making some backgrounds

I have been watching Julia Watts on hochanda and she really gave me some inspiration to go and make some backgrounds....




the first on is a simple caught in crystal using pixie powders and the second one I used glitterkiss frosty sparkle on the acetate first...before doing the caught in crystal....now I am definitely not a messy crafter but this was a technique I found very satisfying
the die cuts are Sharyn Sowell....
thank you for popping by my blog.....please leave a comment so I can come and visit you....

11 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love these Christmas silhouette dies, they are prefect for showcasing your gorgeous backgrounds.
Lorraine

Michelle said...

Margaret, these are very pretty cards. I love the silhouette look.

Rita said...

Love your cards Margaret. Hugs Rita xxx

Birgit said...

Wow! I love these cards and that brilliant blue background is mesmerizing! I have to check out the lady's technique. I take it she is on youtube? I will look it up..Beautiful cards!!

cotnob said...

They are stunning Margaret, lovely rich backgrounds - beautiful cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Gibmiss said...

This is fabulous Margaret.. Love the background...
Hugs Sylvie xx

rachel said...

These backgrounds are beautiful - great cards Margaret xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful cards Margaret, fabulous backgrounds and wonderful dies, Kate x x

Sandy said...

I love these card Margaret and would love to have the die cuts. I do hope in 2019 I will get back to card making.
Sandy xx

MaryH said...

That is a stunning background! This is a wonderful die to show off your beautiful background...love the 'texture' look you've achieved. TFS & Have a great weekend. Hugs

scrappymo! said...

I am going to have a peek at this video you mentioned as those are fabulous backgrounds!
Wonderful cards, Margaret.