Sunday 13 November 2016

Christmas card club challenge....23 Reindeer

this weeks challenge is Lorraine choice ....and I have been dying to use my Sheena Douglas purchases but haven't really had the courage to get going...it all looks so easy when I watch  her demo...but getting those stamps and dies to line up takes a bit of practise...well for me .....



this is my second go...you really don't want to see the first it ended up in the bin .....
this one is scenic winter with matching stamps and tree dies.....I coloured using a mixture of the aqua pencils and distress inks....lots of cosmic shimmer iced snow which is really blingy....
please do pop round the other girls blogs..their links are on my side bar...theymake wonderful christmas cards.
thank you for popping by my blog today and I hope you are enjoying your weekend and having some crafty fun .....

12 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Margaret this is fabulous!!! I love it. Hugs Christine xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow this turned out beautifully Margaret. This is a beautiful festive scene, perfect for my challenge and such a treat to see too.
Lorraine

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi there, this is awesome! Love the colours, and the Cosmic Shimmer snow is gorgeous.
I've left a message on the site, as I can't link to my name?
Hugs, Shaz xx

Rita said...

Oh Margaret, this is so beautiful. Anyone would be proud to display your card. Absolutely Stunning. Hugs Rita xx

Birgit said...

This is so wonderful and artistic. I love how well you coloured the deer and the trees. Love that snow glitter...anything glitter.

Carol said...

Wow Margaret, you've made a great job of this one...it looks fabulous. Carol x

Beverly Fuchs said...

This is simply beautiful. It looks so realistic and the colors are spot on. Fabulous job of coloring.

MaryH said...

Simply breathtaking, as your cards always are. Your watercoloring is just magnificent, creating the wonder of this snowy scene with the majestic deer. Framing him with these winter trees created such a forest atmosphere, and I love the way you've done the snow on the ground. Just a gorgeous card. TFS & Hugs

MaryH said...

PS..forgot to say: I would love to see the one you threw away!!! Bet the rest of us would have liked it, even if you didn't. Also forgot to say how much I liked the vintage script especially with this scene. Spot on.

Sandy said...

I swear Margaret, you always and I do mean ALWAYS make the most wonderful cards. I am not one for going over every jot and tittle that you did on this card but I can tell you how much I love it!
Sandy xx

cuilliesocks said...

WOW!! What a wonderful card Margaret, a magical winter scene, beautifully designed and glittered. I absolutely love it. I know what you mean about watching Sheena, she is a wizard, I can never remember how she does things I'm so engrossed watching her and listening too as she is so entertaining, Kate x

Mrs A. said...

Catching up slowly. Goodness. It looks perfect to me. I love the colours and I like the scene set you have made. Reminds me very much of the cut outs we used to be able to buy as kids that you could make up into little scenes for Christmas to stand on the sideboard. goodness how long ago was that!! Hugs Mrs A.