Thursday 11 June 2015

A Sue Wilson card

lacking inspiration today so I went onto Sue Wilsons blog and watched one her videos....I had seen Sue demo this card on her shows on create and craft and wanted to do the background technique of encapsulating mica flakes.....so here is my attempt



this was so much fun to do...
I  used everything from my stash....lucky  I had bought the Greek Island collection when it first came out.....I had acetate...Stamps away silver mica flakes...bought years ago....the creative expressions dazzler settings...wow I used up stuff!...my only panic moment was sticking the mica side to the matting and layering Sue didn't say what she used...so on the basis she usually uses cosmic shimmer I did that...oh goodness it showed through white...panic....but it did dry clear eventually......
the sentiment is a tonic die as I wanted a very generic card I could use for most occasions....
I hope you have inspiration to craft today and are having a lovely time.....

5 comments:

Carol said...

This looks gorgeous Margaret, so opulent. Carol x

Birgit said...

All I can say is "A-Ma-Zing" I love the look and it is simply stunning. This is truly beautiful.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well this turned out beautifully Margaret, it looks stunning. So much glitter and shimmer, very elegant and stylish in it's design. Hope you join in with the 'oldie' today, look forward to seeing your project.
Lorraine

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous and stunning too!

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous and stunning too!