Sunday 7 June 2015

Christmas card club...Kate's choice.....Christmas scene

when I read Kate's choice my mind sprang to the song "coming home for Christmas by Chris Rea....





I chose the colours to go with the poinsettia I had printed from the crafter's companion Bebunni christmas cd,..as cold and frosty as I could.....the stamp is Stampendous...Train....matted and layer using Sue Wilson embossing folders frosty swirls and snowflake lattice....I added stickles and cosmic shimmer Diamond snow everywhere....and micro beads for the centre of the poinsettias.....
Please go and have a look at all the other girls makes...their names are on my side bar...we are determined to be ready for Christmas.....

11 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card Margaret... Love that stamp... And all your embossing is Fabulous... Poinsettias Wow....
hugs Sylviexx
Just off to Spain... Market and then lunch x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow this is a beauty Margaret. Gorgeous stamped image and beautiful embossing with those fabulous poinsettias in the corner, they are something else. I don't know if it's the colour or the sparkly centres but I really love them.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Wow. Stupendous.!! I have this stamp but have never thought to do it in this colourway. Love it. Hugs ValeryAnne( Mrs A. )

Zoe Tant said...

Oh wow The Polar Express. What a great card for the theme. Zx

Rita said...

What a Fabulous card Margaret. it really is Stunning. Hugs Rita xxx

Carol said...

This is stunning Margaret, love the stamp and beautiful blues. Carol x

Birgit said...

This is a stunner! I love this card. It does feel cold yet so elegant-very Dr Zhivago

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous! I almost used this stamp too! Love your colours used here and those gorgeous poinsettias!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love this card Margaret. ~The colours are gorgeous and I just love the train and postcard. Fabulous.

Hugs.

Karen xxx

MaryH said...

Fan-TASTIC! Never would have thought to use this image with blue (and of course all the gorgeous SW dies made it spectacular too!). You & Rita both used stamps that I had considered for this challenge, but then I ran out of time, so resorted to an old card from a collection I've been accumulating for years! I really, really love what you've done with this fabulous train image. Very cold & frosty & such a vintage Christmas scene, truly. The poinsettias just added even more beauty. TFS & Hugs