Tuesday 23 June 2015

working with Tonic dies

I put up a photo of a card I made over the weekend on another forum and was asked if I would do a tutorial on how it was made....so here goes...please be kind this is my first photo tutorial.....
this is the card


so here are the dies I used....


and this is the required amount of die cuts


the largest die shape is achieved by drawing round the largest of the Petunia trellis shaped dies...on the outside to give an extra 2cm boarder....I cut this out on my scan and cut...there are copyright issues and designs must never be saved into the machine...only cut out as you would with scissors.
the next stage is to make the easel card buy scoring the base cards

1.5 cm to form a hinge...on the base card

1.5cm and 7.5cm to form the fold for the easel ....then glue on on top of the other at the hinge....

I use a very strong wet glue....whilst you are waiting for that to set start assembling the front of the card




I have stuck all 4 layers of the sentiments together just off setting the white layer to give a shadow effect...cut another white layer to put on the inside of the card....so the last bits are the real fun bits....stick the front to form the easel



making sure that the glue is only on the bottom half....and line it all up



then stick the centre panel on...I have done mine flat but you can always add extra dimension by using foam pads to lift the centre section up

now to line the inside....trim the white layer to fit....


now fit the easel stopper I used the happy birthday sentiment


goodness I wonder if you are still with me .....its time to decorate with any flourishes leaves and flowers you choose...I used spellbinder spiral blossoms and Marriane design leaves....
so the finished card



the centres of the flowers are filled with clear micro beads.
How did I do?

5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Great! you did just great Margaret, thanks for a fab tutorial showing the creation of this beautiful easel card.
Lorraine

Peanut said...

WOW! This is just sooooo stunning, Margaret. Thanks for the tutorial.
xxx Asha

Carol said...

A stunning card Margaret and great tutorial. Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Margaret what a gorgeous card, your design and dies are beautiful and your tutorial is very clear, well done, especially as it's your first one, hugs Kate x

Birgit said...

OMG-This is fabulous!!!! Can I say that again? Fabulous!!!:) I love the step by step and it still makes me in awe of your work